ophe's promise

something akin to a sketch pad


moon phases
Name:
Location: Hawaii, United States

one of my favorite quotes: Be Humble for you are made of earth; Be Noble for you are made of stars.

Monday, March 14, 2005

A Little Conversation with God

This morning, I woke very early before dawn; looking at the clock and thinking that it was really much too early to be starting my day, I stayed in bed and thought of a question I might ask God. I don't often expect direct answers to my questions, but on at least one occasion I did receive what seemed an answer. I was in an especially pitiful and despairing mood and I asked God "Oh, God, shall I just die?" (not truly planning to kill myself, but I know of many who simply give up the fight, stop eating and caring, and who die in pretty short order - it's still a kind of suicide, just in different form) The anwer I felt in my heart was "Leave that to me, Dear". Did that answer come from God or was it simply the imaginings of a delusional mind? I don't know and I don't think it even matters - the answer was a very good one in that it put a stop to my self-pitying attitude and renewed my hope and my commitment to life - it might as well have come from God for the healing it provided.

.....and so, this morning, I again had a question for God. This morning's question was "How can I help you?"

and the answer was "Oh, thank you, Ruth. I don't get asked this often. I'll have to think it over and get back to you."

What? God has to think it over? He knows all and should be able to give me a direct answer immediately, right? Sigh.........I'll keep you posted should I get a more definitive reply.....

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counter