ophe's promise

something akin to a sketch pad


moon phases
Name:
Location: Hawaii, United States

one of my favorite quotes: Be Humble for you are made of earth; Be Noble for you are made of stars.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Maluhia

MALUHIA

- peace, quietness, safety; a sense of the presence and power of the gods; fear, dread; the solemn awe and stillness that reigned during some of the ancient kapu (tapu); cloudy and dark, as when the sun does not break at all

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Remember the post about my walk where I met "Gentle Ben"? That place is known as Maluhia - I will visit that place again today and take some photos to share (inshallah!) - until then - I meditate upon this lovely painting and the sense of sanctuary it creates for me - Peace be with you, my friends

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counter