ophe's promise

something akin to a sketch pad


moon phases
Name:
Location: Hawaii, United States

one of my favorite quotes: Be Humble for you are made of earth; Be Noble for you are made of stars.

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Well, the swimming in shallow waters isn't working out that well, either. The past two days I kept to the calmer bays, and both days gave myself minor injuries, both involving collisions with sharp rocks or coral, resulting in abrasions and a pretty deep gouge in one of my hands. Nothing serious, but enough for me to rethink the idea that only the deep water holds potential hazards. (sorry, Dad, if you somehow are hearing this...your daughter is going to reconsider your advice.) Life isn't "safe" no matter how one may try to "conserve" it, and somehow, deeper waters are more fulfilling. My father often gently poked fun at himself, saying, "I'm not always right, but I'm always corrected!" That is my destiny, too, it seems...... muddling and stumbling along.....

Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counter