ophe's promise

something akin to a sketch pad


moon phases
Name:
Location: Hawaii, United States

one of my favorite quotes: Be Humble for you are made of earth; Be Noble for you are made of stars.

Thursday, November 20, 2003

(Untitled) sometime in 1999


If I could be a snowflake,
thought a little speck of dust,
I would enchant with my symmetry,
my infinite intricacies;
I would sting you with my icy beauty,
breaking your heart as I melt into a drop,
upon your touch.....

...or, if I could be a grain of sand,
refined into its essence
by the eons of ocean waves,
hard,
secure in the wisdom of ages.....

....or a diamond, even,
reflecting while transforming light,
a perfection of time and fire.....

...or maybe a pearl,
pure and white,
luminous from layers of oyster love.....

....ah well, wishes are not alchemy,
I am a speck of dust,
I am nothing.....

...there is hope, though.....



Free Hit Counters
Web Site Counter